GST Registration | Procedure, GST Registration Number | Input Tax Credit
GST registration: Check Goods and Services Tax Registration, Forms, Procedure, Rules, Documents Required, Online Registration Steps in this Articles. Get Complete process for Online GST Registration in India. Refer the Documents required for enrollment on GSTN Portal India by the State VAT Dealers. The Prime Minister of India approved “The constitution amendment bill for GST”(Goods and Services Tax) in the Parliament Session along with the ratification by 50% of state legislatures. Thus the current indirect taxes levied by state governments and center government are all set to be replaced with the implementation of Goods and Services Tax by April 2017.
The current taxpayers will have to register themselves on the GST database. The State Government of Goa has already issued a deadline of November 29, 2016, and asked all the existing taxpayers in the state to register themselves on www.goacomtax.gov.in.Let’ know the Goods and Services Tax Registration process in India, and check out the forms needed for existing dealer registration for GST. Before getting into GST Registration Process, know What is the benefit of registering a business under GST (Goods and Services Tax)?
GST Registration in India
The existing and New Dealers has to register for the Goods and Services Tax to legally recognized as the Suppliers of the Goods and Services in India. Let us check the GST Registration Enrolment Procedure in the following section.
Benefits of Goods and Services Tax Registration
Registration under Goods and Services Tax regime will confer following advantages to the Bussiness firm. Let have a glance at this.
- Legally recognized as the supplier of services or goods.
- Eliminating cascading effect of taxes.
- Tax rates will be relatively lower as the tax base will widen.
- Input tax credit Flow.
- The cost of the goods and services will be reduced.
- Well organized supply change management.
- Promote shit from unorganized sector to organized sector.
Who are Liable to for Registration in GST?
A business entity which is already enrolled under any of the existing tax regimes then it is compulsorily required to register underGST Law irrespective of the threshold limits. The following state level and Center level tax regimes will end with the introduction of GST.
- Value Added Tax-VAT
- States Sale Tax
- Central excise
- Service tax
- Luxury tax
- Entertainment tax
- Entry tax
Individual making any inter-State taxable supply and who are required to pay tax under reverse charge mechanism, NRI, and an Input service distributor.
If taxpayer already registered under any of above, you need to get GST registration in the respective state.
GST Tax Liabilities in India- Region Base
|Liability to Register||Liability for Payment of Tax|
|North East India||Rs. 9 Lakhs||Rs. 10 Lakhs|
|Rest of India||Rs. 19 Lakhs||Rs.20 Lakhs|
GST Registration Dates in India
Check out the due dates for the registration of Goods and Services tax in India. The existing and New dealers have to enroll before the last date for the respective state as mentioned below. The schedule of the enrolment activation drive for state wise as in GSTN as below.
Download GST Registration Due dates PDF: Due Dates of GST Registration Enrollment Schedule in India PDF
|STATES||START DATE||LAST DATE|
|Maharashtra, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Goa, and Chhattisgarh||14/11/2016||30/11/2016|
|Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram||30/11/2016||15/12/2016|
|Uttar Pradesh (UP), Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Chandigarh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh(HP), Rajasthan||16/12/2016||31/12/2016|
|Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh(AP)||01/01/2017||15/01/2017|
|Registration of Taxpayers who are enrolled under Service Tax Act and Central Excise Act but not registered under State Value Added Tax||01/01/2017||31/01/2017|
|Delta All Registrants (All Groups)||01/02/2017||20/03/2017|
Documents Required for GST Registration in India
Check out the Required Information and Documents for GST Registration in the following section, Before you start your GST registration enrollment, keep the information ready with you for hassle-free registration.
Information for goods and service tax enrollment
- Provisional ID issued by the state authorities or central authorities. (It is an ID you use for VAT registration)
- A password as provided the state or central commercial tax authorities.
- Valid Email ID and a valid mobile number.
- An authorized Bank account number.
- IFSC documents (codes)
- Proof of business either in PDF or JPEG format. The maximum file size should be 1 MB. (The Proof of business can be partnership deed, registration certificate of the business entity.
- Photograph of promoters/partners/Karta of HUF in JPEG format in file size should not be more than 100 KB.
- Proof of appointment of authorized signatory (JPEG and PDF format not more than the size of 1 MB).
- The opening page of the bank passbook which contains the following information.
- Bank account number.
- Bank name.
- Branch Address.
- Address of the Bank account holder.
- And few transaction details.
- All the documents and files uploaded should be in pdf format or JPEG format with the maximum size of 1 MB.
GST New Registration Process in India
Goods and Services Tax Registration is now already getting due for the existing assessee. The GST enrollment is the completely online procedure. GST registration process will be online through a portal maintained by Central Government of India. The government of India will also appoint GST Suvidha Providers to help businesses with the registration process. Here we have updated all the information regarding GST enrollment procedure. You can do the registration via the GSTN portal yourself. For New GST registration, follows the steps mentioned below. Check out steps for GST Fresh Registration here.
New GST Online Registration Process:
- Log in to the GST Portal –www.gst.gov.in
- A new Page will open and click on New User Login for New GST enrollment.
- A new Page will open as shown below.
- Select I agree and Click on Continue Button, A new window will open as shown.
- Enter Your Provisional ID and the Password provided by the State Tax Authority, and Click on Login.
- If you do not have The Provisional ID and the Password, contact the state commercial tax authorities of your circle.
- Fill Part-A of GST Registration form-1, by providing your PAN Card Number, mobile number, and E-mail ID, and submit this GST form 1.
- The PAN number is verified on the GSTN Portal and the Mobile number, mail ID are verified with an OTP (one-time password).
- After the verification of your details, you will receive an application reference number on your mobile and mail.
- Now Fill Part- B of GST Registration 1 form and enter the application reference number you received on Mobile and E-mail. Attach other required documents and submit the form. Upload the required documents and Click On Submit.
- If additional Info is required, GST Registration form 03 will be provided to the taxpayer. The taxpayer is required to respond in GST Registration Form 04 with required information within seven working days from the date of receipt of GST Registration Form 3 (GST REG-03).
- Once you have provided all required information in Form 1 of GST Registration or Form 4 GST Registration, a certificate of registration (Form GST REG-06 ) in will be issued within 3 days from the date of receipt of Form GST REG-01 or Form GST REG-04.
- If in case the information submitted are not satisfactory, the GST registration application is rejected using Form GST REG-05.
Cases in Which GST Registration is compulsory
As per the paragraph 5 in Schedule III of MGL, the following categories of Individuals are required to be registered compulsorily irrespective of the threshold limit. Check out the following information.
- An Individual making any inter-State taxable supply.
- A Normal taxable Individuals.
- The Individuals who are required to pay tax under reverse charge mechanism.
- An NRI.
- Input service distributor.
- Individuals who are required to deduct tax under section 37 of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Individuals who supply services and/or goods on behalf of other registered taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise.
- Eery E-commerce operator.
- Individuals who supply goods and/or services other than branded services, through E-commerce operator.
- An aggregator who supplies services under his trade name or his brand name.
- Other Individuals or class of persons as may be notified by the Central Govt or a State Government on the recommendations of the Council.
GST Registration Forms for Other Stakeholders
Check out the GST registraion Forms in the following table for Stakeholders.
|Form Number||Form Type|
|GST REG-07 Form||Application for Registration as TDS or TCS|
|GST REG-08 form||Order of Cancellation of Application for Registration as TDS or TCS|
|REG-09 Form||Application for Allotment of Unique Identification to UN Bodies/Embassies|
|GST REG-10Form||Application for Registration for NRI|
The Assessee can check GST Registration process under the upcoming GST. GST is an Indirect Tax that is charged on Sale, Consumption, and manufacture of Goods and Services at the National Level. In July 2015, the first time report came only on the GST Registration process by the Joint Committee formed on Business. Based upon that report and documents available in the public domain this article is given here.
Threshold Limit for Registration
The Threshold of Annual Turnover including exports and exempted supplies (which are to be calculated on all India basis) below which any person engaged in the supply of Goods or Services or both will not be required to take registration. In the case of Reverse Charge and inter-state supplies, irrespective of turnover the assessee will be required to obtain GST Registration. Here in this process, there is an option of obtaining multiple Registrations within one state for business verticles as per (AS 17).
If any entity pierces the Gross Annual Turnover Limit, then it is required to file an application. The GST Application is necessary to be filed with the authority within 30 days.
Goods and Services Tax Registration in India
Goods and Service Tax Registration is mandatory for all the persons who are required to get themselves registered under GST Law. Here the GST procedure is given for both New Applicants and Existing Applicants. These are steps to be followed for GST Registration.
- Apply Online for Registration.
- After applying online, the Assessee will be provided with an Acknowledgment Number.
- Once the application is approved the and GSTIN is generated the same along with login ID, and a temporary password will be sent to the applicant.
- In the case of existing state VAT or Excise or Service Tax Assessee’s, the data will be sent to GSTN.
- With this data, additional data that means the Mobile No, Email Id, Date of Incorporation would be required to updated at GSTN Portal.
- After this process, the GSTN will be issued to the applicant.
- For smooth transaction, the process of migration may start sufficiently in advance for existing Assessee.
Points to be remembered while applying:
- GST common portal shall carry out preliminary verification or validation including real-time PAN validation with CBDT portal, Aadhar No validation with UIDAI, CIN (Company Identification) with MCA and other number issued by other Departments through inter-portal connectivity before submission of the application form.
- The application form will be passed on by GST portal to the IT system of the concerned State or Central tax authorities.
- Central or State tax authorities will send it to the jurisdictional officer.
- Within 3 days the officer is required to issue Registration Certificate if he is satisfied or send the deficiencies.
- The Applicant will remove the said deficiencies and send an online reply, after which concerned officer can issue Registration Certificate.
Structure of GST Registration Number
Each assessee will be alloted a State wise PAN based 15 digit Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number which is known as GSTIN. This number GSTIN number is important for the taxpayer to login for GST Registration.
Input Tax Credit
The assessee would be eligible for ITC in respect of all his purchases from the date of application in case the application for registration has been filed within 30 days. The taxpayer however not be eligible for ITC in respect of his purchases prior to the date of registration in case the registration application is not filed within the prescribed time limit of 30days.